This is the most rugged mechanical pre-pruner on the market, equipped with durable shearing discs.
Suitable for established vines on a single or double guyot system, the mechanical pre-pruner from ERO features counter-rotating serrated shearing disks that effectively trim the vine. It can remove around 40-105cm of canes and tendrils from the wires, depending on the configuration of the machine.
When reaching a post or starting a new row, rollers are opened by the simple push of a button or an auto post sensing option is available.
As well as making it easier for the pruning team to carry out their work, mechanical pre-pruner saves a great deal of time when it comes to pulling out.
How you benefit
- Cutting back is possible before leaf fall because exposed shearing disks are not susceptible to blockage.
- Due to its low weight, the VSL 07 P can also be used on steep slopes and in difficult terrain.
- Rapid and uncomplicated retooling to other cutting lengths.
- The simple design of the VSL 07 P makes maintenance easy.
- Can be equipped with saw blades.
- Can be mounted on ERO lift frames.
Standard equipment on mechanical pre-pruner VSL 07 P
- Frame with blades
- Hydraulic control
- Trigger for opening the device manually at the post
- Safety guard
- Opening the shearing discs
- Frame 1: up to 2 x 8 blades, max. cutting length 49 cm
- Frame 2: up to 2 x 12 blades, max. cutting length 77 cm – most recommended for UK growers
- Frame 3: up to 2 x 16 blades, max. cutting length 105 cm
- HD6 foot including mounting on the ERO tractor bracket 800 mm stroke, hydraulic tilting with check valve
- Hydraulic HD lateral offset, 300 mm setting range
- VSL 07 dismount frame for dismounting the pre-pruner, with or without foot. Suitable for transport by pallet truck or forklift truck
- Shearing discs (extra pair), please observe the frame size
- Saws (extra pair), please observe the frame size
NEW! AOS 2.0 Opening system with mechanical post detection
- Manual adjustment of the opening and closing times
- Can be used for all types of posts
- Excellent driving comfort reduces driver strain
- High travel speed for high surface performance
- Can also be used on high-vigor grapevines